How can we make sure digital products and services for education are really helping people learn?
What principles of pedagogy should guide our development and evaluation of digital tools?
What does 'good' look like in digital education?
How can we influence the design of future educational solutions?
This event will bring together researchers, practitioners and thought leaders in the field of digital learning - particularly for language learning - to address these challenging questions.
When and where?
Friday 6th March 2020, from 10:00 to 16:00, in Cambridge, UK
What's the programme?
We'll share details of the programme here when they are firmed up.
What does it cost to attend?
There is no charge to attend this event.
What should I do if I want to attend?
This event is by invitation only. If you haven't received an invitation but feel you can contribute to this debate and event, please apply for an invitation by filling in this form.
Will it be possible to join online?
The event is designed to be very interactive, with maximum engagement for people in the room. This makes it difficult to participate remotely. However, we are looking at ways of providing others not at the event to participate - either for certain parts of the day, or afterwards. We'll provide more details of this closer to the time.
Summary of programme
The programme will include a number of brief presentations and panel discussions, which lead to four challenges that we will work on in fluid groups during different sections of the day:
- Identify the risks and opportunities that educationalists face when using technology for language learning
- Identify principles and share examples of good design for digital learning products/materials
- Identify principles and share examples of good use of digital products/materials by teachers and learners
- Identify the priorities for development in digital language learning: in relation to research, products and use
Rationale for attendance
If you need to make the case for your attendance at this event, you might find the following points useful:
This event is designed to bring together the expertise of a wide range of researchers, developers and educationalists.
- Find out what leading thinkers in digital learning are working on
- Find out what the main issues, developments, trends and opportunities currently are in digital learning
- Share your ideas with independent experts, and get valuable feedback
- Raise the profile of your organisation in a prestigious and select group of experts
- Build connections with people who can help you advance in the world of digital learning
- Have an opportunity to reflect on what your organisation needs to be working on in relation to digital learning